Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, Jan. 5th Sew-in

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Grammy2

Re: Saturday, Jan. 5th Sew-in

Post by Grammy2 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Gp, I hear ya. I'm more sensitive as I get older. Sometimes I dont want people to know that about me.

Hi MM- what's up

grammy

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi Gals :)

Piston's were playing. I had to watch the game. I'm in my jammies & washed & brushed :) Been exhausted all day, ugh!

The pink blanket looks adorable as does the quillo. It's really hard for me to see cause my laptop is still jacked. Gonna send it in on Monday.

GP, how's your back?

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Goodnight, QuiltQueen, hope to chat more with you later, enjoyed it!

I think my DH would enjoy the re-enactments, too, but he hasn't had the time for it...yet. My mom sent us a quilt book of civil war blocks and he's been wanting me to make him one. My sister sent me the book Hidden In Plain View and it is signed by the author...she knows my sister and brother-in-law and I thought it was so cool! Chriss, that is really neat, inheriting a pic of Gen. Lee! That's my DH's hero and he had ancestors in the war, too. Before my dad got so ill he and DH enjoyed doing things civil-war related together so much. They loved to go to Chickamauga battlefield and all of the ones here in Atlanta, etc... and sharing books and discussing it and watching the Ken Burns movie series, etc... I am so grateful they got to share something together they enjoy so much while dad was able to. My DH is the son my dad never had, my sister and I didn't make very good sons for him, we were a tad too frilly! LOL!

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Well, I'm off for a min. The dogs need to go out & I need to wake DH up and send him to bed.
grammy

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:35 pm

MM.........did the Pistons win? They've Got to be doing better than the Milwaukee Bucks.....I'm even embarassed that they're in our state. That goodness we have the Packers.

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Me, they lost tonight, but the are 2nd in the entire league :)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:39 pm

GP, There were stories about my ancestors being in the civil war... but I can only proove that one of them was... He was a confederate soldier and shot a union soldier because the union soldier was harrassing his slaves. There was a bounty on my ancestors head for killing the Union soldier... he left Texas and left a wife and baby and went to California to be with his brother and family where he remarried and had more children.... His brother was my gr gr grandfather.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi, MM! My back is much better now, thanks for asking! Sorry your computer monitor is still "jacked up", I know that's driving you crazy! I say, slam it down HARD and show it who's boss, knock the pink plum off the screen! LOL!

Well, it's 11:37 here and I really need to hit the sack. I've missed ya'll this week so much. I'm not going to let this house get in such bad shape again because it really has cut into my chatting time to get it all back in order! I've still got one room upstairs to tackle and it's not for the faint of heart! No mere child's play with that room...lord, I'm taking my laptop in there with me when I brave it because I might turn up missing in action up there and want to make sure I can chat with ya'll if that happens! LOL! Enjoyed ya'll so much tonight, talk tomorrow! Toodles.........

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:41 pm

MG--that's interesting!

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Evn'n I am fighting a cold and took some cold meds and crashed.
I missed chatting :O(
I saw you were talking about the civil war my people being from south my great great great grandfater has a son on both sides to make sure he had one survive. (they where hillbillys they came from the smokey Mountians)
Carin/MAWmum

Return to “Projects from the Heart”