Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

sewing today

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
QuiltinKay

sewing today

Post by QuiltinKay » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Today I sewed almost all day. Got my Lotto blocks done and chose the fabric for the Jan charms.Will get an early start cutting in the morning because if I don't do it early I get too tired and don't make much progress. Cutting is very hard for these old hands but I still manage, it just takes me much longer. I also worked on my guild BOM and I am gathering my supplies to start the fourth and final King size. (Never again)

So now I am going to rest a little and read all the posts I missed.
It is supposed to get very cold tonight. Well, cold for Florida. They are saying that it could freeze tonight and tomorrow we will have a hard freeze.

I know that doesn't sound like much to some of you but when you have had the doors and windows open all day and than they spring freezing weather on you, well it isn't happy time.

...........Kay
Something screwy just happened. I thought I was posting on another discussion and I finished it turned up as a new tread. So just want you to know I am not always crazy, just sometimes.

Tulpje

Re: sewing today

Post by Tulpje » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:26 pm

*smile*

(((KAY))))

Never say Never LOL.

Sorry bout the freezing temps.
We're having a Santa Ana with humidities at 6% right now.
Temps were low 70's, another repeat of that tomorrow.
Red flag warning for fire hazzards, and crews on full allert.

You're not Cwazy, you're a Doll. Can't wait to meet you in Paducah.

*HUGS*

***Tulpje***

QuiltLady57

Post by QuiltLady57 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:02 am

Today is my first sewing day in over a month. Of course I am tackling the new quilt for the bed which has 3 yes 3 layers of batting. I am machine quilting it in the ditch and have 2 seams done so far (queen size). It's a lesson in futility and that's ok... It's also a day off from work and I can't think of a better way to spend the day, sewing!!!!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:09 am

*smile*

I finnished machine quilting Jeff's quilt.

I better go shower now. Jeff might have a light day at work because he's working the new hires in today. I hope that his office will keep him on the Norway project LOL, closer to home. Since he might get away from the office early, we might go out for dinner.

If that's not the case, then I'll start on the binding for his quilt.
THEN, I'll be working on one of the heart blocks for EL.

Happy stitchin today every 1

***Tulpje***

Return to “Projects from the Heart”