Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Moved from Chit Chat: Need your heart and hands

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Kittyquilt9292

Re: Moved from Chit Chat: Need your heart and hands

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:25 am

This afternoon, Friday, I put a box in the mail to Linda. Should arrive between Monday-Wednesday. Post lady said some things are a little slow getting to California, but it will get there.
Another box will go out next week. Just finishing the things to go into the box.
Linda, do we know yet if they need more blocks?
carol/kittyquilt

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:29 pm

These are items from Oasis, Lodad, Teresa Varnes, and Gail Yakos-for California Fire Victims comfort quilts and the Boutique. We don't need anymore quilt blocks, you all responded and filled the coffers! The boutique will be held on December 1 & 2. Deadline for donations to the boutique is November 30. Thank you all so much for your loving kindness.

TheKid

Post by TheKid » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:47 pm

I sent 4 squares on the 13th of Nov. I thought I had followed the directions and did not quilt them as the web site mentioned. I hope you did receive them.
SueM

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:36 pm

The teddy bears have arrived! Tuljpe and Gmaann came into QIAD today before taking Ann to the airport and brought in 7 teddy bears and 4 Christmas stockings! Sandy in Jamestown sent a wonderful baby quilt and a gorgeous wallhanging with lots of butterflies!

Kittyquilt9292 sent 2 large quilt tops that are to die for! She also sent 3 beautifully pieced quilt blocks and the cutest little key chain coin purses!

Blue Moon send several soft, warm scarves that will delight and keep out the chill. It does get cold here in the winter!

TheKid sent me 4 wonderful heart pieced blocks, each with a special meaning!

Quilter78 pieced four deep purple, blue and lavender blocks that are so pretty. The center fabric is butterflies with a hint of metallic gold! Beautiful!

I received 18 blocks from Caroline1947 and the Lotto girls! I decided to give these blocks to the church for Comfort Squares. Thank you ladies, this will bless so many people!

Texasquilter sent 2 beautiful pieced and quilted Comfort Quilts. They are so soft and hugable!

From Lorettav I received 4 completed Comfort Quilts, all bright and cheery colors!

Dear Friends, my heart is bursting knowing how loving and giving you all are! This is such a wonderful outpouring of compassion from you to people who are hurting! Thank you so much, I am honored to know you all!
God Bless,
Linda

PS With all of these prayer squares and comfort quilts, the church now has plenty to satisfy their needs. It is awesome to think how much difference you can make in someone else's life by spending some time at your sewing machine!

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:23 pm

Linda, I assume that they still need boutique items? I know the deadline is Nove 30 at the church, what is the deadline for you to get them, assuming we should still send some things?
thanks so much for picking up the project and lettting us help. It is so good to be able to put the sewing machine to work for others that will get good use and comfort for the items made. carol/kittyquilt

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Carol,
The 30th is on a Friday and the boutique is Saturday and Sunday so I need to have everything in my office by the 30th at the very latest. I know time is short and it is the busy season.

Thank you so much for your wonderful gifts!
Blessings,
Linda

spudmom

Post by spudmom » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:10 am

Linda, two boxes are in the mail! They said 2-3 days, so I would think by Monday with the holiday. Thank you for the heads up on those boxes, I have extras for the next time.

Lynne

quiltwithmom

Post by quiltwithmom » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:20 am

My package is also in the mail today.

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:55 pm

I sent you a box out yesterday (11/19). It's not a whole lot but I wanted to send something. Thank you for including us in this.

Sandy

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:02 am

Wow! You Angels are really flapping your wings! When I came to my desk this morning, it was covered with boxes and envelopes with wonderful items for the Fire Victim Boutique and prayer squares! I am overwhelmed! I am going to have Andy take pictures of all the wonderful items and will post them here for you soon.

I received items from zfatcat, mequilter9158, spudmom, Wesignificant, and Bransmom!

This is so wonderful and will be a huge blessing to so many people. I am meeting with Kathy, the lady from Rancho Bernardo Presbyterian Church tomorrow evening after work to give her all of your wonderful gifts. My buttons are popping with pride (and too much to eat on Thanksgiving! lol) at how loving and giving all of you are! Thank you so much for reaching out to so many people with these gifts from your hands and hearts! God is blessing you for thinking of others!

My love and gratitude to each and every one of you who have contributed to this cause.

Linda

Return to “Projects from the Heart”