Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabric statch!!

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
quiltfan35

Re: Fabric statch!!

Post by quiltfan35 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:03 am

I have some to that I can share.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Tue May 29, 2007 8:26 am

Jennie - as a fellow Vermonter, I would love to share my fabric with you - where do you live??? I was born in Lebanon, NH and raised just south of White River Jct. My family has been in my home town since before the Revolutionary War.

Please message me with your address!!! or email me at compgal@iowatelecom.net!

Also, I don't think that anyone on the forum was offended by your post - it was great and very, very moving to all of us!

Love you, sister!

Cindy

geriwood

Post by geriwood » Tue May 29, 2007 2:14 pm

I really enjoyed reading your post. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have what we have and how fast eveything can be gone. I would love to send you some fabric. Please email me, it would be my pleasure. Geri

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed May 30, 2007 3:20 am

Please private message me your address. I have some fabric I'd like to send to you. I bought it for a quilt and then changed my mind. I would love for you to have it. I loved your post - I don't think you offended anyone. You made me realize that, even though we are not wealthy, I have everything I want and much more than I need. Please let me help you out while I can.

gooseegg

Post by gooseegg » Wed May 30, 2007 3:25 am

I would also like to welcome you---it is the best! Everyone is sooo great, here. Shoulders to cry on and you what they say about strength in numbers, you'll find it here! I would also have extra stash and would be honored to send some your way....my mom was in a situation very similar to yours, it would mean so much to me if you would let me help you. Please send us your address. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Bess

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Wed May 30, 2007 5:16 am

To All of My Sweet Dear Friends of This Community! I have NEVER made so many friends in all my life!I am 60 years old and have never met a group of people as this community is, Reading your posts I have discovered that you all have shown Love , compassion, greif ,kindness sharing(for sure!!!)happniess hugs , tears and smiles. You may meet people like you all a few every now and then, but you all are JUST AWESOME! Everyone must have had exceedily great exceptional parents because you are all from the "the old school"I am so amazed to meet so many of you at once.God is good. I was really down before I started reading your posts.I wondered where this world was going and didnt think there were still people like you all out there.It just seems in todays world every one is just for themselves and too busy to care for other people.Please know that your love , shareing and understanding is so overwhelminng to me. I dont thhink I have ever cried so many tears of gradutitute in one lifetime! How do I say THANK -YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH? SORRY LADIES I JUST CANT FIND THE RIGHT WORDS. I DONT THINK EVEN THE DICTIONARY HAS ENOUGH~ I dont have many materieal gifts to give away in my life any more but please know, I do have time, and Ive been told I am a good listener and sometimes I can come up with some good solutions and great input. so ladies please use me. Once again ALL thank you all from the center of my heart for loving and caring for me , a stranger . In which I hope i am no longer! love to you all and MAY GOD BLESS AND SHOWER HIS BLESSINGS UPON EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES. lOVE JENNIE

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Wed May 30, 2007 5:21 am

Check out this site: http://www.freecycle.org/ It's a great way to get items that would otherwisd be thrown in the landfill (even fabric) for free and to give away items you don't want. There are local groups in just about every town. It's sorta like a free yard sale. I've met lots of nice people in my town I would have never known otherwise. DGD got two chicks one year for Easter and of course they were growing fast. I had no idea what to do with them, they couldn't stay on my back porch as two grown chickens. I posted I had two chickens free to good home. (DH laughed at that). A lady called me and she had a chicken house and couldn't afford to buy laying chickens for it. So happens one of the chicks I had was a rooster. She was very happy to come get the two I had. She has a chicken house full of chickens now and I buy fresh eggs from her.

lhostelley

Post by lhostelley » Wed May 30, 2007 5:58 am

mcmema, It is great to meet you! Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will be able to add alot to our community. Thank you too for your wonderful post. Sometimes in our busy life we forget that we too may be in your shoes. I think back to when I first got married and we were definately on a fixed income. It is very difficult to live that way.

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Wed May 30, 2007 6:07 am

Hi mcmema, I just mailed a package to you via Priority Mail. It is coming from here in California so it will take a few days to reach you. Hope you get piles of fabric from Forum friends! Linda

TexasQuilter

Post by TexasQuilter » Wed May 30, 2007 8:12 am

So good to meet you. Your story really touched my heart. We are lucky to be able to indulge ourselves! In the past, there have been times when I have not been so lucky, and you reminded me of those times. Hope I never forget them, as they formed my family and our values.

Sending a package your way, hope you enjoy it!

Laura

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”