Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

good quilt material

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
QIAD-Linda

Re: good quilt material

Post by QIAD-Linda » Fri May 25, 2007 6:58 am

Hi Darlene,
QIAD is Quilt in a Day and you are on the website. We are having a special today through Monday on Eleanor's DVD's and our sale fabrics. All of our $4.00 sale fabric is on extra sale for $3.00/yd. This is top quality, 100% cotton fabric. All of our DVD's are on sale for 25% off.

Also, check out our wide backing fabric for great fabric and unbelieveable prices.

Welcome to the Forum. I am very glad you joined us and hope you will be an active member.
Linda

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:55 am

Scroll to the top of this page and look to the left. In purple, click on Shop Online. Then click on sale items. Or Whatever you want to shop for. QIAD is fabulous quality fabric. And they are beautiful.

DarleneElaine

Post by DarleneElaine » Sun May 27, 2007 3:53 am

It really makes me feel good when I hear from all of you. I didn't know if anyone is paying any attention to my messages.

You know I really believe that people that quilt and sew are very good people. We usually fit into a group that I believe are home type people. We don't need all the frills of the outside world to make our life complete. Just give us material, a good machine, thread, the necessary notions, and we are happy.

Happy summer to all of you.

Sinceerely

Darlene Elaine

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Darlene, sure we pay attention. I enjoy ea & every post on this forum. Just wish I could reply to ALL of them. LOL If I did, I would never get to quilt. LOL I Agree about quilters being good people. I am a homebody to an extent & I am happy & content. It sure doesn't take much to make me happy. Well----maybe shopping good fabric sales. LOL That sure makes me giddy with happiness. LOL What are you working on now? What kind of quilt projects have you got started? What is your favorite colors of fabric? I have 6 works in progress or WIP's. Now working on Autograph Blocks & getting ready to do a BOM here of a Sampler quilt from Egg Money Quilts book of QIAD, and my favorite color is purples of various shades. I also love the 30's reproduction fabrics & collect them.

Have a Happy Memorial Day
Cathy

DarleneElaine

Post by DarleneElaine » Sun May 27, 2007 6:29 pm

Cathy32078

I like to work on quilts that look like things. Example butterflies, apples, ladybugs,and patriotic sampler from decorating from theme quilts which comes from Quilting from the Heartland. The site is www.qheartland.com I also like QIAD books especially the one that has quilting from all the seasons.

I guess I like most colors. What I use depends on the quilt. The patriotic sampler I do is made to look old by material that has an old look and I don't mean l930's stuff. I use moda marble and other materials that are hand died. I bought some material with little flags on a white background and the flags are like our first flag with the stars in a circle. Then I use a combination of materials that blend well yet are bright enough that you say wow when you see them together. The boarders on the vertical sides has many designs on it with a tan background. The designs are the statue of liberty, eagle, uncle sams hat, liberty bell, and stars in a circle with a big star in the center. Then on the horizontal boarders on top and bottom of the quilt the background is blue with tan stars. The four cornerstones each have an embroidered design, one is an eagle, one is the statue of liberty, one is the scale of justice, and one is an American Indian because after all they were the original Americans. I plan to change the cornerstones to be the scale of justice, eagle, Declaration of Independance scroll, and a hammar and anvil from court. Incribe in the quilt in different areas is liberty, justice, equality, and freedom.

I also plan to do a stained glass hanging quilt that will have easter lillies all around the boarder. I purchased the design at homestead fabrics under stained glass designs. They have several.

I do like QUID fabric but I tend to like the more expensive fabrics. I have to admit you can get buys on less expensive fabric and that is ok but I usually blend them in with my more expensive fabric. I plan to purchase some of the quilt from the seasons fabric from this site.

I have more ideas then I have time. I can just visualize things when I see patters, digitized designs, and fabric. I really believe we who quilt have a gift that many people would like to have. When your money is spent you have something to treasure and pass on down to your family.

It has been nice talking to you. Have a good year and God bless you.
a

DarleneElaine

Post by DarleneElaine » Sun May 27, 2007 6:33 pm

Cathy32078

Patriotic Sampler is from www.qheartland.com That is Quilting from the Heartland. Their books are harder to quilt from than QIAD because things are done the old fashion way. But they have some nice designs. I purchase from many sources. That way you can have the best possible finished product. My mother always said don't put all your chickens in the same basket. I guess that goes for quilting too.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”