Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

PRF mulsin

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
cyndie

PRF mulsin

Post by cyndie » Mon May 07, 2007 7:17 am

I bought some print-ready muslin from a quilt shop so I can print pictures on my printer. I beleived that I had to iron the fabric after I printed on it, to set the dye. My test fabric did not take water very well, it smears it, so I am wondering if someone knows what I can do now. I have two more test blocks, but have already quilted the images into a wallhanging. So I am desparate to know what I can do to protect this wallhanging.

Tiggersmom

Re: PRF mulsin

Post by Tiggersmom » Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Products are all different. You should be able to get some more help from where you bought your PRF mulsin.

Could it be the type of printer you have??

cyndie

Re: PRF mulsin

Post by cyndie » Tue May 15, 2007 1:57 am

Thanks for responding. I called the quilt shop, and they had no idea! I think I will have to find the segment on the show I seen it demonstrated on. If they say the same thing, to iron it to set it, then I decided I will have to reprint the pictures on a medium that I know will not bleed, and cut the existing blocks out and replace with new ones. That will be extremely tricky, I don't want to ruin the look of the wallhanging! But how I can let someone have this if they can't get it wet? Such a dilemma!

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”