Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Hawaiian fabric

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
debc

Hawaiian fabric

Post by debc » Sat May 05, 2007 5:54 pm

I have recently received Hawaiian fabric from my daughter who just got back from Hawaii. It is a fairly large stack of 5 inch squares. Does anyone have any ideas on a quilt pattern? I have blues, greens, black, yellow. They are very beautiful and I would like to make either a wall hanging or a possibly a lap quilt by adding a background fabric.

zfatcat

Re: Hawaiian fabric

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 06, 2007 4:02 am

I recently receive the same thing from a friend who went to Hawaii. I used them for 4 patches then square in a square. I went to my stack of magazines and books and looked through until something appealed to me.
Lori 8-)

debc

Post by debc » Sun May 06, 2007 5:44 am

That is a great idea. I was thinking about something like that, especially since I did not want to cut up the fabric to much. Thanks.

Quiltcreator

Post by Quiltcreator » Sun May 06, 2007 1:06 pm

Have you seen the Bento Box pattern? I'm picturing your Hawaiian prints in that.

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Mon May 07, 2007 3:32 am

Buckeye Beauty is El's Quilting Through the Season's is for 5" nickels. My friend made one and she loved the pattern. Amie

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”