Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

applique vs reverse applique vs another idea

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
morgans4

applique vs reverse applique vs another idea

Post by morgans4 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:10 am

I am appliquéing a face, with light fabric, onto a bright blue background. The instructions say that I will need to use a double layer of the light fabric so the blue won’t show through. That makes sense, but if I am using the method of using freezer paper, how could I do this? Last night I tried attaching the 1st layer of light to the shape, then drew around that onto the 2nd piece of light, adding 1/4" extra for turning under. What I ended up with was a blob of glue that showed through both layers of light.
So, I am wondering if instead of appliquéing this to the background, could I just applique the edges then cut away the blue background from behind the light face? That sounds easiest. But I just don’t know and am requesting your expertise. Thanks.
Joanne

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”