Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilt for new kid quilter

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
Ginirn

Quilt for new kid quilter

Post by Ginirn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:17 am

Our 7 y o granddaughter has started learning to sew and I promised to help her make her first quilt. Something simple of course and we will tie it not quilt it. Any suggestions for a pattern?

auntjana

Re: Quilt for new kid quilter

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:31 pm

El has a pattern she did with her granddaughter Elle. It is called Crayon Box Quilt. No matching seams and done with strips. Very easy to do. I taught a group of girls, that were 11 y/o with no sewing experience to make this quilt. They all succeeded and tied theirs with yarn.

Good luck
Jana

purrfect-lady

Re: Quilt for new kid quilter

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Also, Eleanor did Candyland I think it was called. In her Christmas at bears paw ranch book I think. She did that quilt in a video with Orion‘s half sister Who was about 11 at the time

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”