Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Bandana quilt....interfacing?

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
naiviv334

Bandana quilt....interfacing?

Post by naiviv334 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:53 pm

I have been collecting bandannas to make a quilt for my king sized bed. I am very new to quilting, the only other quilt I've made was a tshirt quilt. I was hoping someone could help me decide whether or not to back the bandannas with interfacing? My first first instinct was to use interfacing, as I did on my tshirt quilt, which turned out beautifully. I read on another website, though, that I should not use interfacing on a quilt, that it's better to deal with the ends raveling after it is sewn. However, I realize that a bandanna will ravel much more than regular quilting cotton. The bandannas I'm using won't work at the size they are---many of them say "Made of 100% Cotton", and I feel 21" squares would look odd--so I do need to cut them down.
Thank you in advance for any guidance!
-Vivian

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”