Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Walking Foot Puckering Issues

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
CSVirgina

Walking Foot Puckering Issues

Post by CSVirgina » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:32 pm

I am working on my first quilt and it had been going surprisingly well until today. I basted it correctly, taping it tightly to the floor, having everything smooth and then pinning into place. It is a modern style quilt and I am straight line quilting each strip. I have about a third of the strips quilted. I started in the middle and was working my way out. I used the auto tension setting on my machine and a walking foot and straight stitch plate. The first third went really well and was looking good for my first quilt. Today I turned on my machine to work on it a bit more, I made no changes to my settings. This time when quilting I was getting some mild puckering that got worse by the time I reach the end of the gold as you can see in the photo. Upset, I moved to a strip on the opposite side of the quilt. That strip wasn’t really puckering, but was starting to distort the fabric of the strip at the end of the one I was working on. Any advice on what is causing this? Can the damage be fixed? I really don’t want to have to trash this one, but I don’t see another option if I can’t fogure out what is going on. I am a more movie sewer so I don’t know where to start trouble shooting.

CSVirgina

Re: Walking Foot Puckering Issues

Post by CSVirgina » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:43 pm

[/url]

[/img]

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Walking Foot Puckering Issues

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:50 am

are your feed dogs down?
Psalm 91

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”