Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Beginning Quilting

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
MawmawCathy55

Re: Beginning Quilting

Post by MawmawCathy55 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:35 am

I have found a lot of the material in my stash at second hand quilt shops and use my hubbys plaid cotton workshirts when he is done with them. Have also used flat sheets for backing at times.

LouLynch

Post by LouLynch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:42 am

Greetings quilting community. Do you have a favorite color? I’m guessing you do. Would you like to participate in a relational aesthetic art project? (Please) I swear it’s not very complicated, simply find your favorite color, a little solid square of it, and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #colorquiltproject. The goal is to end up with a virtual quilt, a mosaic of everyone’s favorite colors existing under the hashtag. At the end of the day, we may all have differing opinions on everything from how you take your steak to current politics. But it is our diversity and pluralism that makes us beautiful. Be as specific or non-specific shade, or hue, use black or white. Pass it on, please share with your friends and family, and spread the word. Happy trails.

TheQuilter54

Post by TheQuilter54 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 am

I have a couple of quilt kits I could mail to you if you’d like them. Nothing fancy.

Qtincali

Post by Qtincali » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm just getting started too. I am so excited. I've been wanting to learn for years. My friend met someone at her work who is an excellent quilter and she's taken us under her wings. I am beyond happy.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”