Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabric Cutting Machines

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
QuiltLuvz

Fabric Cutting Machines

Post by QuiltLuvz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:26 am

I fell on an icy sidewalk and broke my wrist this winter! Finally looking into a fabric cutting machine since I cannot cut myself. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions? Anything bad to go with the good of my options?

WeSignificant

Re: Fabric Cutting Machines

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:32 am

I do not own one. I know somebody who bought one and she has problems with it cutting all the way through. Don't remember the brand.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:31 pm

I have the accuquilt go cutter but that has a manual crank on the side but haven't had any trouble with it and have had it for at least 5 years they recently came out with an electric one don't know how good it is that is all the imput I can give I hope this helps.

Lois

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:44 am

They now have an electric one.

Nana2madmax

Post by Nana2madmax » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:38 am

You can use either hand for turning the crank just turn it around, it will feed from both sides. I have the regular GO and have used it a lot. Love the accurate cuts.

RitaJ

Post by RitaJ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:27 pm

I am new to this site but I wanted to contribute my experience for what it's worth. I broke my right arm a while ago and although it has healed, it's still weak. I bought the Sizzix Fabi at an outlet store for a ridiculously low price, and I tried it. Now I really want an AccuQuilt Go Big (the electric one) because I've seen it work with Eleanor Burns' demonstrations in the Block Party videos so I know it works, and it's big enough to accommodate all of the Accuquilt dies. The Fabi cuts ok if you're just cutting a couple of layers of cotton fabric. I think it's designed to work better with paper backed fabric, which would mean I would have to iron freezer paper onto my fabric to get a good cut from it... It's also limited as to size. It will only take the smaller dies, I think no more than 6" wide. As soon as it goes on sale I'm getting the Go Big! :)

Schill93

Post by Schill93 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:34 am

I have the Accuquilt Baby and wish I got the larger one because I like it. It is very well built, but if you load too much fabric on it, it can take some strength to turn the handle manually. I'm sure the electric ones are great but pricey. However, if you can afford one, then by all means go for it.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”