Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

fluffy robe questions

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
morgans4

fluffy robe questions

Post by morgans4 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:21 pm

My dd wants a big fluffy robe for Christmas. I found the softest fabric I just wish I knew what it was called. It's got long thread loops all over it. Kind of like Minky of faux fur, it's on a knit backing and will have to be cut out differently. It isn't nearly heavy enough for a robe so I also got some fleece for the underside.
My question is,
1. should I put these 2 fabrics together when sewing them, as though they were just 1 piece, which would show the seams on the inside, or
2. should I put them together separately, then just slip the fleece inside the soft fabrics, wrong sides together?
3. would it be better if it had raglan sleeves or set-in sleeves?

What is this fabric called, anyone know? It's 60" wide and comes in all kinds of colors. I can imagine soft baby toys made with it, or stuffed animals.

Pilot2b

Re: fluffy robe questions

Post by Pilot2b » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:23 am

Hi! I think the robe fabric would be just fine by itself, unless it has a stiff finish on the wrong side. How thick is the flannel?I would sew each separately, if you use flannel, and then attach rights to each other and stitch together.s. Less bulk in shoulders if you have raglan sleeves. Hope this helps.Helen

scrapquilter48

Re: fluffy robe questions

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:24 am

My experience with robe.. Fleece is very warm and in a dry climate causes static.. Minky is my favorite and warm, towel is great for warmer weather and towel is probably the best..

Some minky fabrics I found insane when cutting fluffs everywhere and some stretch just looking at it..

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”