Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

I Am NEW Here!

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
SheepFarmer

I Am NEW Here!

Post by SheepFarmer » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:48 am

Hello fellow quilters! Newbie here. (I hope this is the correct area to post.) I stumbled upon this forum after my local quilt club decided to do Eleanor Burns' Underground Railroad quilt as a block-of-the-month this year. It was a lot of fun to make.

I just finished the top last week and took a quick picture (below).

More about me: I live in KY and am new to quilting (2 yrs). I started with my Brother CS600i (LOVE that machine!). I have since purchased (and fallen in love with) my Brother Innovis Laura Ashley NX-2000 because of the extra features I so desperately wanted.

During the day I raise sheep for meat (no shearing) and grow blueberries (among other things). Since I have such a leisurely life, I find plenty of time to sew. I really love to sew! I am always watching YouTube vids to learn techniques; and while I'm sewing, I keep the videos running in the background to keep me company.

Since I'm new to this forum, I am reading through the posts to learn my way around this place. It looks like a lot of fun, and I hope to make some new friends here! :-D

auntjana

Re: I Am NEW Here!

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Welcome!

Look up Blizzy over un the sew in section and introduce yourself there too. Blizzy (Izzy) also is in Kentucky and raises goats. There is another too, JayKay, she has horses.

Nice to have you join us

Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:00 am

Welcome to the forum your quilt is beautiful you should come over to the sew in Section you would really like it.

Lois.

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi sheep farmer! And welcome to the most wonderful, helpful, caring group of quilters you will have the pleasure of being in community with.
There are people here who will listen to you, offer help with any questions you might have, and truly care about the ups and downs you may have.
You will learn your way around, but a couple of places I would suggest checking out are the photo section, and the daily chat group which you can do daily yourself, or just pop in once in a while.
I hope you'll find that you enjoy it here!
Joan ( Mainely Me )

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:25 am

Welcome from Canada. This site is probably the easiest to learn..
You'll hear some talk of photobucket.com which is a place to store your pictures in a secure manner. But sometimes bit difficult to work with.. I like yourself have more time than money so like the internet for you tube and quilt clubs.. Do drop in daily on the sew in section
where we share our days events..

The longer you stay the better it gets. Of course the shopping and delivery to your house is a lot of fun.. Lots of free patterns on this Eleanor and video you tubes.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:40 am

Welcome from South west Missouri! My computer has been ill or I would have said hello sooner.

Shout out if you need help. We post daily on sew-Ins, so stop on by there. Also under Swaps check out the monthly block lotto. There is no hard commitment, and you make as many as you want. There were many months I didn't participate, and some I went crazy..PM me if you have questions.

Flo

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”