Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Retirement quilt

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
Barba21885

Retirement quilt

Post by Barba21885 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:11 am

I have a fair amount of "stash". Looking at it all one day I wondered what I could possibly do with it all. Then it occurred to me....I plan on retiring from nursing in about five years. There are twenty four beds on my unit...and the day I retire I plan on placing one of my quilts on each bed as a gift to my patients. So far, I have almost four done....all so far from scraps. A good friend gave me an Accuquilt recently and this has been a real big help. Each quilt will be different and I plan to learn a new block or new technique with each quilt.

Rose92

Re: Retirement quilt

Post by Rose92 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:59 am

How very thoughtful of you, as well as ambitious! Be sure to post the ones you finish....we would love to see them. Also, welcome.

**Linda

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:15 am

Barb that is a really nice and special way for your patience to Remember you .

If you get a chance come over to the sew in Section pull up a seat and have coffee with.
Welcome.

Lois.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:12 am

Yes would love to see your quilts..
Very kind of you to make for others..
Even a foot quilt is nice less work and still a lovely
reminder.. All their visitors will
then request one for their homes and you'll be gone
hope you'll leave your name at the home in case the family
requests a quilt..

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:22 am

Very thoughtful! And fun for you! I have one quilt finished so far to give to the care facility near us and another one almost done. My smallest scraps I cut into 1-1/2" squares and every time I need a jump scrap, I grab a square. It took me 9 months to finish the first quilt in this manner. Just another way to get one more quilt done with no conscious effort.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:31 am

What a great project. Hope you will share pictures. Also I too will add my invitation with the others to join us in "sew in" every day or when you can. We are always ready to welcome more friends.
Vel
HUGS, đź’• Vel

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:40 am

WOW!!! What an amazing, special retirement gift in reverse!!! Hope to see your photos!

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”