Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Introducing Myself

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
KayBeez

Introducing Myself

Post by KayBeez » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:50 am

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but I could not find a newbie intro thread! :)

Hello ladies! I am new to quilting (and sewing, even). I've been learning from Eleanor's youtube videos, MSQC videos and my fabulous Mother-in-law. I'm not the fastest learner when it comes to sewing as cutting and sewing straight lines even seems to be a challenge for me, but I'm determined to master this because I love it so much. I'm hoping that one day I will be able to make some of the gorgeous quilts I've seen all of you make!

A little about me - I'm in my mid 40s and learning to sew for the first time. Bought myself a sewing machine recently, nothing fancy, an inexpensive Brother cs600i and am learning with that.
I work full-time as a Pharmacy Tech in Central Florida, so quilting is done mostly on my days off or when my schedule allows me to get home at a decent time.

Have just recently become the parent of an (official) adult, so suffering a little empty nest issues, but also moved in my aging parents to help take care of my father who is not in good health... so life for me is busy. I enjoy my time in my newly established (used to be son's room) sewing room as it's a chance for me to relax and be creative.
I also crochet, garden, and am an avid reader.
I hope to make some new quilter friends of all levels. I enjoy reading all of your posts and seeing all of the gorgeous quilts each of you make!

Looking forward learning from all of you!

Kelly

KayBeez

Re: Introducing Myself

Post by KayBeez » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:52 am

And please forgive the mis spells... I just noticed that. I'm typing on a tablet for the first time and not managing it very well, lol!

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:04 am

Welcome from Manitoba-Canada.. Do note there is a daily thread where members share their daily activities. As for tablet.. lol I am a laptop keyboard guru, last year purchased a tablet and locked myself out of the system can no longer key in unless at a public venue.. I started sewing later in life and can't seem to get a straight seam either.. Of course I love to sew childrens garments from knits which not serious if seam little off.

Don't forget to join in the secret pal, lots of fun, I did last year was my 1st which I would have joined long before..

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:50 am

Hi and welcome to the site. Each day for me starts with a good hot mug of fresh coffee and reading the posts on SEW INS. It brings a smile to me, and usually sets me up for a happy morning. Some wonderful and helpful women are here. We share a glimpse of each other lives, both good and bad. Please join in and have a few laughs.

Diane

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”