Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fat Quarter Project

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
julialeigh

Fat Quarter Project

Post by julialeigh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:10 am

Does anyone have any out of the box ideas for a fat quarter project. Preferably something simpler but still kinda different. Thanks in advance.

scrapquilter48

Re: Fat Quarter Project

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:31 am

Project as you making it.. Or like in a guild event type idea.

I'm thinking placing a bow around it, wrap it in colored paper put a number to it, throw in basket and match it with the person # coming into the hall.. 3rd person to arrive gets #3 roll.. and so on..

But I guess you are thinking in sewing/cutting ideas.. Sampler quilts get the practice and use up most of fabric and get to matchy matchy and perhaps shop for another matching piece to finish sampler..

MainelyMe

Re: Fat Quarter Project

Post by MainelyMe » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:42 am

Are you thinking only of quilts, or any kind of project?
For a quilt you have so many ideas that you can find by just googling the works " fat quarter quilts ". Or you might try, ideas for fat quarters. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that way.
For other projects, I make purses, wallets, coasters, placemats, etc. with Fat Quarters.
Joan

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”