Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Dresden Plate Quilt

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
PamA

Dresden Plate Quilt

Post by PamA » Thu May 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi, I have made several quilts (I still consider myself a beginner) but I do not send them out to be finished. I stitch in the ditch or zig zag around my design (usually squares, triangles, etc.) to complete my “sandwich”. I am making a twin size quilt for my granddaughter using the Dresden plate. I am making the 20 blades and sewing them together.
Here are my two questions: What I would like to do is sew by machine the finished blades onto a 14” square, batting and the bottom material (sandwich) all at once (just following the points around and then add the circle) How do I connect the finished squares (4 across and 5 down)? If I sew by machine the finished plate and middle onto a 14” block how do I finish the final quilt? If I stich in a ditch the 14” squares, won’t this be too big (when the batting usually says10” apart)? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

rosebud3

Re: Dresden Plate Quilt

Post by rosebud3 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:47 pm

Pam, it sounds like you are wanting to use the quilt as you go method to do this quilt. My suggestion is to google quilt as you go techniques and watch some of the videos on how to do it. Good luck. Come back and let us know how you do on it and if there is anything else we can help you with.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”