Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Hand quilting

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
institcheswithrosie

Hand quilting

Post by institcheswithrosie » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Not on here for months. But this is where I go when I have a real problem or query. I am going to attempt to hand quilt a small piece. Does one pin baser before putting in the hoop?

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Hand quilting

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:21 am

Hi Rosie, it's good to see you.

Check in the sew in and look for AuntJana or look in the swaps and find Denise they are a couple of my go to girls for hand work.

Don't be a stranger.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi Rosie, I pin baste my work when I hand quilt. Once the project is in my quilt hoop and taught, I remove the pins from the area I am quilting on. I don't know if this is the proper way to do it, but it works for me.

Mary/Rosebud

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Rosie... I do mine the same way Mary-Roseburg does hers. I have also seduce stitches and contrasting thread to baste the layers together. This is my favorite method as it doesn't hang up on the hoop as pins do. Good luck!
Miriam

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”