Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Mug Rug Info needed

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
Rachel57

Mug Rug Info needed

Post by Rachel57 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:25 am

Hello all, Love mug rugs, I want to make a couple for my daughter, do you put batting in the middle?
And do you use bias tape on the edges?
I think my daughter would love one for the office, she loves browns and creams so I have to find a pattern to use those colors. Anyone have any instructions or patterns for these??? Love help and advice :-) Rachel

12stepquilter

Re: Mug Rug Info needed

Post by 12stepquilter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi Rachel,
I use all my scraps of batting and usually bring the back to the front and sew down. I do not use bias unless I am doing something round or oval. As far as a pattern it is what ever comes out of my head or leftover squares from a quilting project. Hope this helps you.Happy sewing
Rhonda

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Rachel,
I usually make mine with one layer of insulbright, and one layer of batting. I don't use binding. I make the top, cut or make the back, place them right sides together, put the insulbright and batting under them, then sew around the outside edge, leaving about a 3-4 inch area open to turn it. Then after it is turned, sew the opening closed. If you, have any questions, I will be happy to try and help you.
Joan

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:55 pm

I use Insulbrite and a layer of batting, too. A good reason to save those batting scraps! I either bind them like a tiny quilt or else do them like Mainely Joan. I've never used bias tape, though it would probably make a quick binding.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”