Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

quilt as you go

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
jamiemarieo

quilt as you go

Post by jamiemarieo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:58 am

I am trying a new technique and my question is when you use precut batting and precut fabric.Do you use the same size batting if you are using 5 inch precut fabric? (Or do you use a smaller batting like 4-1/2)

MainelyMe

Re: quilt as you go

Post by MainelyMe » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:09 pm

There are several ways to do " quilt as you go " I'm working on one right now. With the way I am doing it this time I cut my batting a little larger than my frront piece. Then once the quilting is done, if it needs it, I use scissors to cut it back as needed.
Joan

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:54 pm

I've done some quilt as you go, Seminole style one row at time all rows different. Great for those leftover blocks.. Top to bottom.. this way you can add batting/backing if need be along the way.

QUODDYNLILLYMOM

Post by QUODDYNLILLYMOM » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:47 am

I agree about a bit larger. If you want to see a very fast quilt as you go see Kaye Woods 6 hour quilt video on u-tude. It is great for charity quilts. Also, soo El's Quilters Almanac SHe has a quilt as you go in twined with the blocks as she does rows.Also good for a quick quilt.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”