Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Crossing Paths Quilt

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
CharlaOM

Crossing Paths Quilt

Post by CharlaOM » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:02 pm

Just made my first quilt top...Crossing Paths from the Still Stripping book. I ran into a problem with the Insider Borders for the lap quilt. The 5 strips at 6.5" are not enough to make the inside borders. If anyone has made this quilt, am I supposed to use a wider fabric? Are the instructions wrong? I made it work, just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

northbound

Re: Crossing Paths Quilt

Post by northbound » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:10 am

I'm not familiar with the pattern but you can always call customer service. Please post a photo, even if it's just of the quilt top--we love to see what everyone is working on...and welcome to the forum!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:26 am

It could be the width of your fabric. Manufacturers have narrowed up what used to be 45 inch fabrics. I have seen it as narrow as 41 or 42. You can piece your borders to get the length you need. Just stagger the placement of the seams in the border and by the time it is quilted, you will hardly notice it.

Jana

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 am

Ditto what Jana said.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”