Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Hexaholics (aka. GFG enthusiasts)- Here's a place for us to post

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
purrfect-lady

Re: Hexaholics (aka. GFG enthusiasts)- Here's a place for us to post

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:04 am

a few years ago Sharona gave me a package of 1/4" hexie templates. Is that a good friend or what?? (I'm leaning towards the 'what'! lol!) anyway, I sew these when traveling and finally started seeing a picture (in my mind) of what I could do with them. So, hopefully, when all are done I will have a mountain/lake/woodsy scene to frame.Image
[/img]

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:27 am

Maryz.. I see lots of things in my mind but never any as pretty as that's going to be.. hope you travel a lot so it gets done and I can see it completed.
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Mary, I love your hexie project. I have some hexies that size as well. They are fun to work with. Lori
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 31, 2014 1:57 pm

my latest hexie project. Lori
[img/]
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:04 am

Maryz, how's your itty bitty hexie project coming along?
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Maryz, how's your project coming along?

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:42 am

Maryz, how is your itty bitty teeny weeny hexie project coming along?
Lori
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Ah, I see some of you haven't forgotten the itty bitty hexie project that SHARONA put me onto. One of these days I'm going to have a 'discussion' with that girl!

Actually, it is with me even as I type, sitting here in my trailer in Texas for the winter. I haven't forgotten it but had to set it aside for about a year along with other handwork while I dealt with a hand fungus that made my hands darn near unusable. It is actually about halfway done as I have it pictured in my mind. I usually work on it during long driving days, but Scottie thinks he's a lap dog while in the truck and it's a constant struggle with him as we debate that issue. So it's slow going - but it hasn't stopped!

These little hexies really aren't bad. You just take one stitch per side when basting rather than a bunch of stitches. But like any project with 1,000 pieces, it takes time!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:41 am

1,000 pieces?! Yikes! That will take a while.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:45 am

Well, I'm late to this party.

A friend who comes to the Resort in Canada got me interested in Hexi's this past summer. She is making a KING size bedspread. She has the pre-cut paper and was busy basting. Now.....

Jump to Houston Quilt Fest..... Moda fabric had a booth and they were showing how to make Hexi's. These ladies were NOT basting, they were using a glue pen and putting a dab on the fabric then folding fabric on top to make corners. Then they took clover clips to hold down each corner until they were dry. This saves all that basting and I think it will make the first step go faster. I'm going to find out. I told my friend and she was so thrilled to hear of a way to speed up her project.

It will be the New Year before I get much done on this, but I will check back.

Lyn

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”