Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Flannel Backing

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
morgans4

Re: Flannel Backing

Post by morgans4 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:14 am

You can use flannel for the backing, but wash it first. It will shrink more than the cotton on the front.

Boogiemom

Post by Boogiemom » Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi, This is really nice and colour scheme is good. It seems like patchwork like. I am in Australia and trying to make a coverlet, any idea. I just open a site https://www.elanlinen.com.au/coverlets where there are lot of collection of coverlets but unable to understand where to start!

wilson12

Post by wilson12 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 am

I am going to hand-quilt a project with cotton top and cotton flannel backing. What kind of batting will be easiest to hand-quilt please?

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:57 am

Like your quilt.. Some members in our guild even use thrift shop flannel 2 layers instead of batting then the backing is good quality flannel which makes it warmer.. Our guild is well into recycling lately. We refer to it as GO GREEN

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”