Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Dark Medium Cutting Error

bichonsrfun

Dark Medium Cutting Error

Post by bichonsrfun » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Has anyone else had this problem?

In making this pattern, I followed the directions for the Dark Medium on pp. 2 and 3: cut (l) 12" square and Making Eight Triangle Pieced Squares, #1-#7. The end result was a finished size of 5-1/2".

However, the squares I came up with didn't have enough fabric to measure 5-1/2", they measured 5" instead. I consulted the instructions/chart that came with the Quilt in a Day 6-1/2" Triangle Square Up Ruler. The chart indicated that a 13" square was to be used for a finished size of 5-1/2". It also indicated a 12" square was to be used for a finished size of 5".

It appears there's a discrepancy between cutting a 12" square v. cutting a 13" square to attain 5-1/2". I went ahead and cut a 13" square and my finished size did turn out to be 5-1/2"

Also, please note that instruction #6, page 3 should indicate "square to 6" as noted on the ruler's chart. The pattern currently reads "square to 5-1/2".

Once I made this correction, the quilt top turned out wonderfully!

Return to “Wish Upon A Star Eleanor Burns Signature Pattern 735272012771”