Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

The War in Pictures

MissSongbird

The War in Pictures

Post by MissSongbird » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:48 pm

This quilt was made for a project for my History class. The project was a photo project, in which we had to pick a topic (that fits in the time frame: America after the Civil War to present day), and then we had to write captions for each of the pictures, and how the thing in the picture formed your topic.

My topic was the War Effort on the American homefront during World War 2. The sub-topics of my ten pictures are:

~ Women in the Workplace
~ War Bonds
~ Movies
~ Propaganda
~ Rubber/ Metal Collecting
~ Canteens
~ Food Rationing
~ Rationed Items
~ Production Corps of the Red Cross
~ Air-Raid/ Blackout Drills

The quilt block is "Silent Star" from "Victory Quilts".

I'm in love with it! I'm a history major and World War 2 is my favorite time period. I also enjoyed gathering the information to put the whole quilt together.

NOTE: I received a 100%!

jacquie2

Re: The War in Pictures

Post by jacquie2 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 am

Beautiful! What a great project

drethia

Re: The War in Pictures

Post by drethia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:50 pm

I am working on a Victory Quilt as a block of the month through a local quilt shop. I am having trouble with the airplane block. The book I have has a 2008 copywrite date. I was wondering if there have been updates or corrections to the book and if so where to find them.Thanks ever so much. I love the quilt and am now on block six. Looking forward to the finished product.

Return to “Victory Quilts”