Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UGRR

grammiequilts

UGRR

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:03 am

I am working on this top right now, Afew blocks gave me grey hair,but I managed to get 16 blocks done. Sashing and borders next. It is a great sampler quilt. But more importantly, I learn a lot of history in the process.

mequilter9158

Re: UGRR

Post by mequilter9158 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 am

I absolutely love this book! I've got 9 blocks made and now just need to decide which 3 to choose from to finish it up. I do have to say that it forced me out of my "comfort zone" to use fabrics that will make it more authentic looking, but now I'm hooked on them. I can't wait till I can finish this one up.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 pm

I just bought this book fro A....n. Not sure if I'm allowed to say where lol.
Still waiting for it to arrive, can't wait!!!!!
I'm very interested, like yourselves about the history of quilts etc, so I hope there is a little of the history inside the book. Looking forward to it's arrival :)
Love Jacquie.x.

zsazsa50

Post by zsazsa50 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:15 am

started it in 2006. when i was a new quilter and got overwhelmed picked it up a few weeks ago . now i'm going to start the lattice . i'm reading the book to my mom . she had a stroke . i'm making it for my sons 25th birthday in september. i can see how much i have improved. good luck

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:18 pm

I originally got this book for Christmas one year from my step daughter..we used to draw names for Christmas and the next year I got her husbands name, so I made him a lap quilt! I didn't get a picture of it..(that will never happen again! lol!). So I joined the sew along here last year and made the 12" and the 6" at the same time. I still need to put together the 12" one, but I really love this sampler! It did challenge me ALOT, but I learned alot too!

Can't wait to see yours finished Grammie!

Joanne

patches4

Post by patches4 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi all

Are any of you making the quilt for a full size bed???

I am just in the planning stages and need to know if I should make 9 inche squares with lattice and corners or if I should be making 12" blocks with lattice and corners.

I a getting abit overwheled already can any one help

Tina

Return to “Underground Railroad Sampler”