Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Help with instructions

xteacher

Help with instructions

Post by xteacher » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:08 am

I bought this pattern on our quilt jaunt last week and studied it in the motel room that night. There is a sentence that I just do not understand.

On page 4, right under 'Once' it says "Place equal amounts of same color in first or third stack, and middle stack"

Can someone break that down for me so I will understand, or is it a typo? I understand the numbered instructions below and the picture, but don't see how that ties in.

gmaann

Re: Help with instructions

Post by gmaann » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:58 pm

That is hard to understand, Karon. I have made the quilts, and I just picked 3 strips that I thought had enough contrast. I was originally told to use dark in the middle, but found that I didn't like the look when putting the blocks together, so I alternated dark in the middle and light in the middle. Thought it made a better looking quilt over all. I used a jelly roll, so had lots of choices. Have also used a Bali-Pop with good results.

Maybe we can ask that question at the Teacher Training Class in Paducah!!

Look forward to seeing you and Sharon there!

Ann
XOX

Shirley0124

Post by Shirley0124 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:21 pm

I had the same question and appreciate the response from gmaann. I still would like further clarification from someone at Quilt in a Day.

Could someone help?

quiltforum

Post by quiltforum » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:34 am

Hi everyone on page 4 of the Twice as Nice pattern they want you to use the same amount of equal color's in the first stack and the middle stack or the third stack and the middle stack. So you would want to use the similiar colors in first and middle and then the same alike colors in the third and middle. This will add contrast to your quilt.
Example: lighter colors in the first and middle and darker colors in third and middle. There are 36 strips you will need to have light's and dark's. You will want to mix them up don't put two of the same strips together.

Impossible

Post by Impossible » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:03 am

How do you know size to cut setting triangles and corner triangles for on point quilt blocks are12.5 sashing 2.5. Thanks

Return to “Twice As Nice: Eleanor Burns Signature Quilt Pattern 735272012610”