Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

my change of heart

kho

my change of heart

Post by kho » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:35 am

I had looked at this pattern quite a bit. I bought one, on sale and then wasn't sure what it was that I didn't like. I couldn't tell if it was the colors, the pattern or that I so seldom make small quilts. I did like the 9 patch so I thought it wouldn't be a total loss. I kept telling myself that I would like it with different colors, although I wasn't convinced. Imagine my surprise to sign up for the class and find out it was this pattern. El was teaching the scalloped borders, so I took great comfort in that. In class, I was disappointed with the fabric I had in my kit.That was ok, if I didn't finish it, or I finish it and give it to my DGD nd let her do whatever with it. Once I started sewing the strips together I almost started to like that fabric. Notice the almost here. I did like the pattern. It is just what we have come to expect from El, simple, and easy, and I like the idea of sing all of the scraps. Yes, if you are considering this pattern, go for it.

Joannequilts

Re: my change of heart

Post by Joannequilts » Mon May 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Sandy, I didn't really like this pattern at first either! But I had joined the Strip Tzz BOM and it was the first pattern. I had tons of 1930's fabric left over from a couple of bed quilts that I made several years ago, and I decided to use them.
Once I got into cutting and sewing the strips together, and putting the quilts together, I REALLY liked the pattern! It's kind of amazing that even if you don't LOVE the fabrics that you're using, El's pattern directions are so awesome, and it turns out much better than you expect!
So, I join you in recommending this pattern! I ended up making a lap quilt from the pastels, two tablecloth quilts from the primary colors, and a grandpuppy quilt from the leftovers that were odd sized due to my strips not all being width of fabric size. It is still amazing to me!!
Have FUN with this pattern! I did!

Joanne

Return to “Twice As Nice: Eleanor Burns Signature Quilt Pattern 735272012610”