Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

need suggestions on t shirt quilt

ollie1shoe

need suggestions on t shirt quilt

Post by ollie1shoe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 am

i need suggestions on doing this quilt for my grand daughters graduation most of her shirts are black as the school colors are black and gold never made one of these anything i really need to be aware of before i start thanks

gmaann

Re: need suggestions on t shirt quilt

Post by gmaann » Fri May 06, 2011 9:53 am

Glenda, If you have Eleanor's pattern (one of the $9 Signature patterns, you will have all the info you need! Just be sure to have fusible interfacing to iron the tshirts to. The pattern will tell you the best interfacing to use.

DottieM

Post by DottieM » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 am

Has anyone made this quilt using football/lacrosse/hockey/baseball jerseys, the kind that have a sort of mesh fabric or are knit of something other than cotton? My stepdaughter wants me to make one of these quilts for her older son, but all of the shirts she gave me are not regular cotton t-shirts. Will the interfacing suggested in Eleanor's pattern work with these types of fabrics? The hockey ad football ones are heavier polyester mesh with small "holes"; the lacrosse ones are lighter polyester mesh with larger "holes"; and the baseball ones are knit polyester. How about sweatshirt fabrics? She gave me a couple old sweatshirts that have embroidered logos that she wants included in the quilt. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SewHappy2b

Post by SewHappy2b » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:31 am

I am just about to order Eleanor's signature t-shirt quilt pattern but would also like to purchase the fusible interfacing at the same time. Can anyone tell me what weight fusible that I should use? I do not have the pattern yet to look at for reference. I am ready to place my order. thanks

tnwaltz1

Post by tnwaltz1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:14 am

I used this pattern book for my 1st attempt at making a t shirt quilt. Was a challange to coordinate colors with shirts but it does come together if you look at the colors on the shirt logo. Also found that I was better off using a stretch needle to sew squares. I have a fairly new fangled machine that is a litle touchy when sewing different fsbrics but--it is a great machine. Made another quilt for a friend who lives 600 miles away. She sent 3 boxes of shirts to use. Then came to visit and we worked together on the use of the shirts. This was truly a Memory Quilt when she went over where the shirts were from. After all was lines up I ended up with a 100 x 100 size quilt. I realized my attempt was extremely rewarding after the recipients thank you call. Was probably my biggest quilt challange but was worth it.

Return to “T-Shirt Quilt: Eleanor Burns Signature Quilt Pattern 735272012566”