Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

help with Tennessee Waltz

umcmusic

help with Tennessee Waltz

Post by umcmusic » Sat May 10, 2014 2:37 pm

I just finished 60 of the 4 patches for this quilt using scraps I had on hand, and I measured them all to be 2" square before I sewed them together. Now my squares are coming out around 3 1/4" square instead of 3 1/2". I measured my seams and they are showing 1/4", so I don't understand what happened. I really don't want to have to toss them and start over. What to do? How will it alter the pattern if I make the other squares in the block 3 1/4"? - just a beginner

gmaann

Re: help with Tennessee Waltz

Post by gmaann » Sat May 24, 2014 10:04 am

If they are all coming out the same size, I would just cut the other squares to that size. Your star points might have to be adjusted, but I would make ONE before changing anything.

If you have adjustable needle position, in the future you might try moving the needle just one click to the right and see if that helps make the blocks come out to the stated size.

Return to “Tennessee Waltz Quilt”