Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Farmchick's (Miriam) Twin Sister's Quilt

TeresaK

Farmchick's (Miriam) Twin Sister's Quilt

Post by TeresaK » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Message from Miriam - with the rest of the story ..............

This is El's Twin Sisters pattern from her Quilts Through the Seasons book. I'd just seen her program on RFD-TV and knew I HAD to make one... the next day I heard about the adoption, talked to the new mommy and started pulling fabrics... The colored ones are from Connecting Threads, and the white on white is from the LQS...

Here is another absolutely PERFECT Quilt made for a little girl who is being adopted!! "Mom" asked for the main color to be Yellow.
The colors Purple and Yellow are GREAT together and this was the Perfect Pattern to show them off. EXCELLENT Piecing and squaring up of the back and the front and I love the stripe on the back. Sew much character added with it. This was such a delight to quilt.
Miriam asked for the Hearts, Flowers and you just have to have loops for little girls. I used a King TUT veragated Yellow on the back and a white on the front. The last picture is the best picture for seeing that the thread is a shadow that doesn't take away from the pattern but the yellow is awesome on the back. Real life is sew much better to see this.

Miriam - The quilt goes all the way to the edge of the top before you get to the piece you added. I didn't take it off as I didn't want it to fray until you were ready to bind it. I love saving fabric!!

Again, I can't say enough for Teresa's quilting... it's always perfect!!! Her stitches are even and nothing is pulled awry. I can count on her to do a fabulous job--even her "hurry, please!" jobs don't look rushed but totally given to attention and caring... THANKS AGAIN, TERESA!!!
ENJOY!!!!!

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

GrannyLady

Re: Farmchick's (Miriam) Twin Sister's Quilt

Post by GrannyLady » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:06 am

Love it. Looks so "little girly"

Return to “Quilts Through the Seasons”