Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Center Seam Of Pinwheel

sewngran

Center Seam Of Pinwheel

Post by sewngran » Fri May 21, 2010 1:48 am

I think I am brain dead because I can't seem to understand Eleanor's instructions on the center seam of the pinwheel. I read the instructions on the Merry Go Round Pinwheel pattern on how to treat the center joining seam to keep it from puckering, but for the life of me, I can't understand how it's done. I have seen Eleanor Burns do it either on TV or one of her video's, and it seemed so simple, but that was a while ago, and this is now. I think I am just a visual person and need to see it done. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sewngran

scrapquilter48

Re: Center Seam Of Pinwheel

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:09 am

My rookie advice, to center puckering..1st try by hand to visually grasp the idea..I had that problem with pinwheel at 1st till instructor, suggested sew from ctr out seam, eliminating most of pucker. Try it! It might work, like say only rookie advice.

Return to “Pinwheels & Rectangles: Eleanor Burns Signature Quilt Pattern 735272012511”