Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Trouble understanding the patern

Allpalz

Trouble understanding the patern

Post by Allpalz » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Ive only made a few very simple quilts, and haven't made anything at all since my kids were young. I was thinking about trying the Opposites Attract quilt for my very first granddaughter, but I don't really understand the description of the different squares that need to be cut from each of the 3 different fabrics on pg 2 of the pattern booklet. For both the light and dark fabrics, I need a yard of fabric for each. Then it lists "On-Point Kites Rectangles" and "Center Strips Center" on the left and across from that on the right it lists how many of each. I'm confused because there are two descriptions on the left but across from that on the right it has directions for three types of squares (eg. " (3) 5" strips cut into (24) 5" squares"). Im not explaining this very well and I know I must be reading something wrong. Like I said, this is on pg 2 of the pattern booklet. If anyone could help me under this, I sure would appreciate it!

Return to “Opposites Attract: Eleanor Burns Signature Pattern 735272012818”