Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

I am working slowly on this one

kho

I am working slowly on this one

Post by kho » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:01 am

My friend saw it last New Years day and we ordered the book for her. She also bought the dvd's for it.We are alos using the fusible patterns. We are making it together, and as life happens it is taking us awhile. We have finished the baskets,and loved the way the handles went on.
We loved the crocus basket. I will be making more of that one as I am doing a king size quilt We made the bleeding hearts, and we reversed ours. Mine has pink on top and hers has the purple. They turned out just beautiful.
I am working on the hare bells. That is where we will start when things settle down. Each blcok seems so pretty and we of course oohh and ahhh as we lay them out-and then sew them with more oohhs and ahhhs. i will try to post as we continue on. They are easy and beautiful. We are loving this one. LOL

susanngarry

Re: I am working slowly on this one

Post by susanngarry » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:55 am

How wonderful to work on it together. Hope you post soon, would love to see. The colors sound magnificient.

kho

Post by kho » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:32 pm

I am making progress. I only have 7 more blocks to do. I am making a king size quilt so I have doubled the blocks. One problem I am having is after I finish a block I have to admire it. Then I have to lay it out with the other finished ones and admire all of them..I am enjoying this one and taking my time as it is for me. I am also taking time choosing the fabrics.
If you haven't done this one you really should. I purchased the preprinted pattern thingys and they are great time savers..I will post pictures of this at some point down the road.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:06 am

Sandy, I can't wait to see the photos of your finished quilt. I started mine about a month ago - piecing the baskets, choosing the fabrics, and cutting out all the flowers (using the printed fusible, too.) I now have 5 blocks finished! I'm doing dimensional. One small problem is that after you finish the dimentional blocks, and you stack them, then tend to smash up a bit. As I'm traveling in my fifth-wheel at this time, there is no place to put them but back into their 12x12 box. So some fluffing will be needed when I get home!

You are ambitious to do a king! I think I'll just do the 17 blocks and then hang the quilt on my display wall in my open stairwell. I hate to even think about what my cats would do to this quilt if I were to put it on our bed!

Return to “Grandmother's Garden Quilt”