Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

quilt for daughter Heather(Hev)

shelly322002

quilt for daughter Heather(Hev)

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 pm

I put this on the photo's threads recently. So forgive me, but I'm just going to copy/paste what I wrote last time, but with only one picture. If you wish, you can go to the other thread and see the rest of the pics there. :)
This quilt is based on Eleanor's 'Dessert time' but I've added one extra border, reason being I ended up with 8 extra blocks which would not fit in with the colour patten i had formed diagonally. So I stacked them, then sliced, then swapped around, then sewed back together to give a crazy patch effect. I then added them in to another border just after the lighter border.

I finished this quilt last week. My daughter loves the colour black along with bight colours. so, it seemed pretty obvious which colour combination this quilt would follow.
The quilt runs along the lines of one i saw on QIAD recently shown in the UK.
Please don't look at the points too closely!
The quilting in the triangles are subjects that are important to Hev, such as; 'i love shoes', 'books books books', 'scrubs', lol... outlines of hedghogs which she loves, 'Terry Pratchett', outlines of daisies, the flower she loves, our 2 dogs Bonnie & Fudge, (Bonnie passed away last year) and our 3 cats Tibby, Noodle & Jynxie, (Jynxie passed away last year also)
It's amost like a 'time' quilt, something Hev can look back on in the future hopefully with fond memories.
love Jacquie.x.

debtief

Re: quilt for daughter Heather(Hev)

Post by debtief » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Such fun colors, and future fond memories. Thanks for sharing, and I love the extra border ideas. ;-D Deb

crcrawley

Post by crcrawley » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:21 am

Wow! That's beautiful!!

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Saw it, but still love to see this one, sew nice.

LizKF

Post by LizKF » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 pm

How pretty! I want to try this one (I'm brand new at this) but don't know how to "figure up" on fabric to a queensize, which is what I'm trying to do for all the grands. That being said, I don't have the pattern yet--maybe the explanation's right there.

Return to “Dessert Time: Eleanor Burns Signature Quilt Pattern 735272012573”