Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabric Requirements?

Saralynn

Fabric Requirements?

Post by Saralynn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:44 am

Hello, I have been drooling over the Day & Night pattern for about a year now and would love to make it for our wedding. I noticed that when doing two colors, the pattern calls for something like 7.5 and 9.5 yards of fabric. Has anyone been able to make the queen size with less fabric or should I plan on purchasing this amount?

SallyC

Re: Fabric Requirements?

Post by SallyC » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:24 am

That's what you actually need--there's a lot left over (hence the extra patterns) but you need to have that much to actually make the quilt. Take a look at some of the pics in this thread and you'll see some of the extra patterns. Look forward to seeing your quilt. Be sure and post some pics!

Ann74

Re: Fabric Requirements?

Post by Ann74 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 am

There is a lot left over, however, if you want to make the other items suggested in the book you should buy the additional fabric to make them. I didn't do that and now I can't get what I need to match the runners. I was negligent and didn't read the requirements before purchasing for the quilt.

Return to “Day & Night Quilt Book”