Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Jolly Jacket for Fido

Geneva2

Jolly Jacket for Fido

Post by Geneva2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:41 am

I saw El making this jacket on TV so I then ordered the book. I love the jacket just the way it is made in the book but I needed something for spring. My son's beautiful dog, Lady Belle, was to participate in a spring drive to raise money for the American Cancer Society, one of the themes being that cancer research helps animals as well as people. Lady Bell was to be the poster dog. Lady Belle is, so far, a cancer survivor. She was just 4 years old when diagnosid with Lymphoma in Feb. 1908. She went through one round of chemo and then symptoms recourred in April. She went through another round of chemo. Since then she has been fine, although we are all well aware that it will probably rear its ugly head again. She has already survived longer than most dogs with this kind of cancer.

Ok. She needed a spring ourfit so I made her a pink one form a fabric that had "Love" printed on it and using El's pattern.

tagsmom

Re: Jolly Jacket for Fido

Post by tagsmom » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:21 pm

What a lucky dog. Her outfit is adorable.

sadiedaisy1

Post by sadiedaisy1 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm

What a pretty jacket for a pretty girl! Thanks for sharing Lady Belle's inspiring story. I'm happy to hear that she has beaten cancer twice. She's fortunate to have such a loving owner.

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:32 am

She is beautiful, a real Lady Belle !!! Nice jacket!

donnacrazylady

Post by donnacrazylady » Tue May 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Very pretty. And she likes it! She's smiling. She makes a great poster dog for cancer. :o)

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:45 pm

:ady Belle, how are you doing precious one? I love your new Spring coat.
Hugs

Helen

kathshaf

Post by kathshaf » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:00 pm

I'm making the jolly jacket for a friend's dog but am confused by a the instructions. Am I supposed to sew the collar batting to the coat batting prior to layering? This is unclear (i.e. omitted from the instructions).

Thanks for your help.

Kath

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:57 am

I would say Lady Belle is smiling, she really likes her new jacket. Typical girl, give her something new and she has something to smile about. great job

Return to “Christmas at Bear's Paw Ranch”