Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilting Bear in the Woods

Quilter7

Quilting Bear in the Woods

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 pm

I have completed my top and will be hand quilting this quilt. I am looking for some suggestions for quilting each block. I was thinking that the tree blocks I might like to do something under the tree to represent the soil under a tree and above I might like something like clouds. Anyone have suggestions?

quilterbee

Re: Quilting Bear in the Woods

Post by quilterbee » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 am

Post a pic here so we can see! Amie :o)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:11 am

I have a very simple template I used on my log truck quilt. It's four evergreens in the block, each pointing their top to a different corner. It was simple to do. You can see a photo of it, I think, in my pix of that quilt. I think it's on page 3 in the photos section. I think it would be quick and easy for hand quilting and carry the 'tree theme'.

Did you do the quilt that is on the cover of the book?

Mary

CHARLIC

Post by CHARLIC » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm

I just finished the Bears in the Woods quilt and was going to try to machine quilt it myself. Any ideas? This is my first full sized quilt.

Dode

Post by Dode » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:40 am

Anyone planning to attend the November 2018 Quilt in a Day Camp Glen? I am thinking of using my Bears in the Woods Quilt book and making this quilt during a double camp session. I like the darker colors i see in the quilt by Linda Dallman, pictured inside the cover. I wonder if I would be able to finish this quilt top at the camp.

Return to “Bears in the Woods”