Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Traveling to Amish country

classathome

Traveling to Amish country

Post by classathome » Fri May 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Last year I planned a trip to visit friends in Ohio but with the specific side trip of seeing Ohio Amish country. I wanted to learn about their way of life and I especially wanted to see quilts. I have to say the experience was fantastic and has inspired me enough to want to travel around the country with the goal of seeing and learning about quilts, fabric, sewing and people - food is always good too. We are newly retired and my husband doesn't travel but I have managed to talk him into a quilting shop hop here in Washington state - hey it's a start. Anyway I love how Elenor always weaves a story into her quilting shows - does she have any stories of the Amish? I've loved the Barn quilt block stories - whenever I see a barn now I want to suggest they paint a quilt block on it.

Mollie

flowerjoy

Re: Traveling to Amish country

Post by flowerjoy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:36 am

I just got back from visiting my son in Wichita, Kansas. One day we drove to Yoder, Kansas nearby. I agree with you about the food - we had the best Amish apple pie ever! Although Yoder is fairly small we still saw some beautiful, mostly hand pieced/appliqued/quilted quilts. It was well worth the trip.

Return to “Amish Quilt”