Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilts from El's Kitchen

cefalus1

Quilts from El's Kitchen

Post by cefalus1 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:31 am

We are using your book, Quilts from El's Kitchen, for next year's BOM at our Quilt Shop. In making the sample, I am having difficulty with page 126, the Crab Apple block.

It says that the 9-patch block should measure 4 3/4". Mine came out to 4 5/8". When I do the math using your cutting instructions, 4 5/8" is the correct unfinished measurement.

This particular block is very dependent upon accuracy. I just wanted to know (before I proceed any further) if I should change the cutting dimensions for the 9-patch or the cutting dimensions for the background fabric.

goodwin

Re: Quilts from El's Kitchen

Post by goodwin » Wed May 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi El ,
I have just started on this site, I think it is nice to be able to write to you and get answers for our questions. El I also wanted you know that my very first quilt was your log cabin. But never got it done,son now maybe I'll be able to finish it.
Thank for all you have done. 1212dkk@bex.net

Return to “2nd Edition Radiant Star Quilts”