Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Radiant Star

Beckie2011

Radiant Star

Post by Beckie2011 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:23 am

I just received my new book. Thank you so much Eleanor. You and your staff are awesome. Now I have a question before I start. I want to make the 6 color wall hanging on the front of the book. On page 16 the related photo and yardage requirements give the size of the quilt as 66 x 66. On page 34 which begins construction the size of the quilt is 70 x 70. Which one will I be making. Why the size difference, is it in the border fabric.

Thanks in advance for you help

Sisterssewing

Re: Radiant Star

Post by Sisterssewing » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 am

I finished a queen size radiant star quilt in 2 days! I absolutely love your directions Eleanor! I thought it would be so difficult but it was a very addicting fun quilt to do. Now to do the quilting and start another, for me this time I think!

Thanks again Eleanor and company!

raggamuffin

Post by raggamuffin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi Eleanor,

I am making the Radiant Star quilt from the first edition. In the past I have bought a vhs video which helped me a lot. I guess I am a visual learner. Now, that VHS videos are out and DVD's are in, do you have the Radiant Star Quilt video in DVD?

I sure would like to get my hands on one.

bkquilts

Post by bkquilts » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:40 am

Hi

I am desperate to figure out why my diamonds are not the same.

I had trouble with the 45* cuts and started all over, they were all the same but once the diamonds were sewn they are off 1/2 inch.
The only thing I can think to save all this work is make a template of the smallest one and cut them to match. Will this work?

I made a 6 color from the old book and didn't have any issues. Do you know if there are any corrections in the directions?

The 2nd edition doesn't have good 45 degree cutting directions. My first batch was off 1/2 inch from the 3rd color down. Any help would be appreciated.
Brenda

pengland1

Post by pengland1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi Eleanor. I grew up watching your daily quilting shows. That is where I learned how to quilt. Thank you for getting me started.

I am looking for a recommendation for a sturdy table to use my new Accuquilt GO! Cutter. I have a Sullivan's quilter's table with the metal fold out legs mad it wobbles horribly when I use my cutter. Any suggestions?

Return to “2nd Edition Radiant Star Quilts”